Thunder Thursday Returns with Motorcyclists Painting the Sky with Stunts
Blurring the line sport and stunt, talented motocross professionals and motorcyclists will paint the DTLB sky with high-flying tricks in honor of the 16th annual Thunder Thursday spectacular.
The Downtown Long Beach Associates (DLBA) have proudly sponsored the event, taking place Thursday, April 14 on Pine Avenue at Broadway. The free event celebrates rubber-burning while acting as segue into the city’s largest event, the Toyota Grand Prix of Long Beach (TGPLB), set to bring over 150,000 race fans to the organization’s Shoreline race track. Thunder Thursday, always free and in partnership with the Grand Prix Association of Long Beach, is the perfect way to get celebrate all things motorized.
This year will be particularly special as we will be hosting a special RPM edition of our free live music series, Live After 5, in the Federal Bar parking lot on Pine.
Of course, the event is not relegated to tricks alone. Motorheads will be able to revel in the knowledge, skill, and speed required to be part of a pit crew in the Pit Stop Competition.
Schedule of Activities:
- 6:00PM – 11:00PM: Live Music Begins in Federal Bar Parking Lot
- 6:45PM: Pit Stop Competition
- 7:05PM: Motocross Freestyle Show
- 7:30PM: Motorcycle Dare-devil stunts
- 7:45PM: Pit Stop Competition
- 8:05PM: Motocross Freestyle Show
- 8:30PM: Motorcycle Dare-devil stunts
- 11:00PM: Event Ends
12PM (NOON) STREET CLOSURE AT:
- Pine Avenue, 1st Street to 3rd Street & Broadway, Pacific to Promenade
- Parking lots accessible on Broadway through alley
- Broadway will have 1 lane open until 5:30pm
NO PARKING FROM NOON TO MIDNIGHT AT:
- Pine Avenue, from 1st to 3rd Streets & Broadway from Pacific to Pine
- North side of 3rd Street, 300 feet west and east of Pine Avenue