ILLUMINATE DOWNTOWN DECORATING CONTEST
Public Voting Will be Available here Starting Nov. 25
Visit the registered businesses below and vote for your favorite for the Illuminate DTLB contest! Winning entries will win $500 in gift card giveaways during the holiday season, as well as a $500 donation to a Long Beach-based 501(c) (3) nonprofit of their choosing. See below for the options, and be sure to review the criteria below and visit their storefronts!
Oops! Looks like you already voted today. Come back tomorrow and you can support your business or nonprofit again! Spread the word and tell friends they can vote once per day for their favorite business/nonprofit combo!
A Holiday Storefront Decorating Contest
A Contest for DTLB Businesses. Register by Monday, Nov. 20
Light up Downtown Long Beach this festive season and stand a chance to win while giving back! Downtown Long Beach is already a holiday spectacle with existing decoration efforts from both the DLBA and the Convention Center. Join in on the festivities and complement the downtown charm by adding your unique touch.
Why should your business participate you may ask?
- Festive Spirit: Ignite the holiday spirit by illuminating and decorating your business or building in creative and vibrant ways.
- Visibility: Get featured! The DLBA and city partners will showcase the storefronts of participating businesses on social media and on websites throughout the holiday season, giving you a spotlight in the heart of downtown.
- Give and Receive: To enter, you must also select a Long Beach 501(c)(3) non-profit that your business would like to support. The winning entries will earn $500 in donations to the Long Beach non-profit of your choice! In addition, DLBA will host a $500 gift card giveaway on social media for your business during the holiday season. This totals to $1,000 in winnings for winning entries!
How It Works
Register, get festive and win!
👋 Register: It’s recommended you register your business by Nov. 20, 2023, to get into the festive competition before Shop Small Saturday! Late registrations will be accepted through Sunday, Dec. 10.
🎄 Deck the Halls: Use lights, decorations, scenery, and any creative elements you can think of to make your storefront or building shine.
📢 Promote the Public Vote: Use your business’s social media and any other channels you use to get the word out about your business to encourage the public to vote for your storefront. Public Voting will open starting on Shop Small Saturday, so the sooner you register and complete your decorations the more time folks have to vote!
🌆 Complete Decorating: Aim to have your storefront ready to dazzle by Nov. 25 for Shop Small Saturday! The final day to complete your decorations to be considered for the competition will be Sunday, Dec. 10.
🎉 Stay Lit: Keep the festive vibes alive by maintaining your decorations throughout the holiday season.
🔊 Win: 4 Winners will be announced the week of December 18th. Three (3) will be selected by judges using the below criteria, and the public will vote on one!
Decorations will be judged using seven (7) categories.
- Visibility: Ensure your decorations are easily viewed by walking outside your storefront.
- Open to All Themes: While the competition centers around the holidays, designs that celebrate diverse cultures, traditions, and festive moments from around the world are highly encouraged. Creativity and representation matter!
- Accessibility: Make your decorations a joy for everyone. This includes thinking about those with disabilities, for instance, providing tactile or auditory elements for those with visual impairments.
- Community Collaboration: Collaborate with local artists, schools, or community groups for your decorations. Joint efforts that bring the community together will be highly regarded.
- Interactive Elements: Engage visitors with interactive elements in your decor, such as QR codes linking to festive stories, music, or supporting local causes.
- Local Pride: Incorporate elements that showcase the beauty, culture, and uniqueness of Long Beach. Show your pride in our city and its rich history.
- Downtown Affection: Highlight what makes Downtown Long Beach special. From its landmarks to its stories, let’s spread love and warmth for our city’s heart.