The successful candidate will bring a genuine interest and deep commitment to DLBA’s mission and will embody a caring, inclusive, and facilitative leadership style that inspires and empowers staff and volunteers, encourages collaboration, and fosters innovation. This leader will have demonstrated ability in organizational administration and will bring an interest in the economic and cultural climate of Downtown Long Beach. Prior experience with a property-based improvement or assessment district (PBID/PBAD) is helpful, but not required.
This is an exceptional opportunity for a proven leader to build on the organization’s rich history, foster mission and community alignment, inspire and enact collaborative change, and help the Downtown Long Beach community realize DLBA’s vision of Downtown as the “thriving urban center of Long Beach, embodying and celebrating the region’s diversity, innovation, and adaptability.”
DLBA’s Board has selected Berkhemer Clayton Inc. as its retained executive search partner for this search. The following is a general timeline for the search:
- March 7: Official Launch of Search
- March-April: Stakeholder Input Interviews, Position Narrative Drafted
- April: Position Narrative Finalized, Public Outreach Commences
- April-May: Public Outreach, Prospects Interviewed by Search Firm
- May-June: Initial Interviews with DLBA Search Committee, Final DLBA Interviews
- June-July: Final Selection, Background Checks, Offer of Employment
- July-August: Targeted Start Date of new CEO
For the full CEO position narrative, click here.
Procedure For Confidential Candidacy
Submit resumes or nominations, with assurance of confidentiality, to Berkhemer Clayton, Inc.:
Senior Vice President
Head of Higher Education, Healthcare, & Nonprofit Practice
Clean and Safe Team
Interested in becoming a Safety Ambassador or part of the Clean Team?