It’s a good time to be a King.
The Los Angeles Kings hockey team has not only done the impossible—turned sunny Southern California into a home for the world’s coldest sport outside of Russia’s marathon at Barneo Ice Station—but scored two Stanley cups since their move into the Staples Center in DTLA.
And now, they want to bring the love to DTLB and other LA County cities by opening skating rinks for those to experience the ice themselves.
Long Beach’s rink, which measures 50 feet by 80 feet, will be located on the lawn near The Pike Outlets’ iconic Ferris Wheel and will be open daily beginning November 18. Tickets which includes skate rental starts at $13 for children under 6 years old, military, and senior citizens, and $17 for general admission. Private parties and group pricing are also available. Specific hours and pricing are available at www.lakingsholidayice.com.
“We are thrilled to expand our LA Kings Holiday Ice Program into Long Beach,” said Kings President, Business Operations, Luc Robitaille. “We have an enormous legion of Kings fans in this area, and in addition to the beautiful scenery and bustling district at The Pike, this outdoor rink will provide an amazing backdrop for the Holiday Season.”
Grand openings will occur at the following locations on the first date mentioned and run through until the last date mentioned:
- The Pike Outlets (95 S. Pine Ave. Long Beach) – November 18 through January 8
- Westfield Topanga (Topanga Canyon Blvd, Woodland Hills) – November 12 through February 20
- Battleship Iowa (250 S. Harbor Blvd. Los Angeles) – November 19 through January 8
- Redondo (239 N. Harbor Dr. Redondo Beach) – November 18 through January 8
- L.A. LIVE (800 W. Olympic Blvd. Los Angeles)5 – November 26 through January 8.