Food pictured not necessarily what will be served at event.) Top left: Padre’s fried chicken taco.
If there is one thing to be said about the renaissance occurring in Downtown Long Beach, it is that we can all agree upon the fact that DTLB is a foodie’s paradise. This is precisely why the Downtown Long Beach Associates (DLBA) is proud to announce the first of three parts of its annual Taste of Downtown series, which will kick off in 2016 in the East Village Arts District come March 23 and 24. Each night’s culinary festivities will run from 6PM to 10PM.
Online ticket Packages (that offer a discounted ticket rate) will be available March 1 and can be picked up at the Will Call/Ticket Booth at the events. These advanced tickets will be available for purchase until 2PM on March 23. Individual tickets will be sold at the event for $1 each. Unused tasting tickets are valid at future Taste of Downtown events, including our Pine Avenue event (June 22 & 23) and our Waterfront event (August 24 & 25). Please note – our email confirmation is not currently working. You will just need to provide your name at Will Call as the orders are going through and recorded.
Participating Restaurants & Menus
- Auld Dubliner: Bangers & Mash [3 Tickets], Shepherd’s Pie [3 Tickets] Bread Pudding [2 Tickets]
- Beachwood: BBQ Pulled Pork Slider [3 Tickets]
- Bo-Beau Kitchen & Rooftap: Beef Bourguignon [4 Tickets], Mac n Cheese [3 Tickets], Fruit Sangria (non-alcoholic) [2 Tickets], Bottled Water [1 Ticket]
- Buono’s Pizzeria: Traditional & Gourmet Pizzas [2 Tickets], Eggplant Roll (Appetizer) [2 tickets], Farfalle Alfredo with Chicken & Broccoli [3 Tickets], Bottled Water [1 Ticket]
- Famous Dave’s BBQ: Georgia Chopped Pork Sliders with Famous BBQ Chips [3 Tickets]
- Gladstone’s: Lobster Mac n Cheese [4 Tickets], Clam Chowder [2 tickets]
- Kabob Curry: Chicken Masala [4 Tickets], Aloo Matar [4 Tickets], Samosa [3 Tickets], Kheer (Rice Pudding) [4 Tickets], Mango Lassi [3 Tickets], Rosewater Iced Tea [3 Tickets]
- James Republic: TBD
- Michael’s Pizzeria: Aranchi [1 Ticket], Baked Ziti [4 Tickets], Meatball with Tomato Sauce [2 Tickets], Bottled Water [1 Ticket]
- Naree Thai: Yellow Curry with Rice [5 Tickets], Ginger Mahi Mahi [5 Tickets], Curry Puffs (2) [2 Tickets], Thai Iced Tea [2 Tickets], Rose Iced Tea [2 tickets]
- Padre: Chicken Street Taco w/ Taqueria Veggies & Queso Fresco Cilantro [2 Tickets], Sangria [2 Tickets]
- Pier76: Mini Lobster & Langostino Rolls [3 Tickets], Mint Lemonade [1 Ticket]
- Poke Bar: Hawaiian Poke Bowl, Bottled Water, Coconut Water, Pellegrino
- Pussy and Pooch: Pet Snacks, Treats & Food [2-4 Tickets Each]
- Sura Korean BBQ: Kimchi [5 Tickets], Kimbab Cut Rolls [4 Tickets], Ddukbokki Rice Cake [5 Tickets], Boba Milk Tea (Soy available) [2 Tickets]
- Sweet Dixie Kitchen: Cochon De Lait Sandwich [4 Tickets], Peach Cobbler [3 Tickets], Dry Soda, Lavender [2 Tickets]
- The Breakfast Bar: TBD
- The Sky Room: Chicken Zucchini Sopes [3 Tickets], Snapper Ceviche [3 Tickets], Cabernet [5 Tickets], Chardonnay [5 Tickets]
- Utopia: Garbanzo Cucumber Salad [3 Tickets], Penne Salchicha [3 Tickets], Risotto a la Florentine [3 Tickets]
- Village Grind: Spinach & Feta Salad [5 Tickets], Pesto Grilled Cheese [5 Tickets], Espresso Affogato [5 Tickets]
In addition to the food and drinks being served, painting classes (complete with libations) will be offered by Brushstrokes & Beverages, a free bike valet will serve those arriving on two-wheels, and live music will be painting the air from bands to be announced soon.