Mark your calendars for March 23, 2023, because the next Celebrate Downtown is just around the corner.
The free outdoor event, from 5:30 pm to 8:30 pm, promises to be a great opportunity for our community to come together and celebrate the unique character and vitality of Downtown Long Beach. Hosted again in Lincoln Park, this year’s event will feature an exciting lineup of music, food, drinks, and activities for all ages to enjoy. To pre-purchase food and drink tickets, click here. Tickets will also be available to purchase at the event.
In addition to sharing recent DLBA accomplishments in Downtown, the highlight of the evening’s program will undoubtedly be the announcement of the 2022 Spirit of Downtown winners.
The annual award honors members and organizations of the Downtown Long Beach community that have demonstrated significant achievements in the past and perpetually look ahead toward a more promising future. By acknowledging and celebrating their accomplishments, DLBA hopes to inspire others to continue striving towards our collective goals and objectives. A list of past winners can be found on the DLBA website here.
Last year, more than 900 people attended Celebrate Downtown in Lincoln Park which was the highest attendance recorded for the annual event since it began in 2012.
As a community-based organization, DLBA recognizes the importance of sharing our achievements, objectives, and challenges with one another. By doing so, we can learn from each other and work together to shape the future of Downtown Long Beach.
Past Spirit of Downtown Award Winners
(Note: Awards postponed in 2020-2021 due to the pandemic)
- Jamaica Aali, Black Everywhere
- Dr. Robert Garcia, Mayor of Long Beach
- Sheila Gibbons and Alan Giomi, Willmore Baking Company
- Robb Smith, Alley Cat Deliveries
- Downtown Runners, represented by Joaquin Nuñez
- Pedal Movement, represented by co-founders Johnny Tully, Evan Kelly, and Graham Baden
- Al Williams, Rainbow Promotions and LB Jazz Festival
- Laurie Gray, The Pie Bar
- Isa Rached, The B Room & It’s A Drag To Give
- Josie Rached, The B Room & It’s A Drag To Give
- Aquarium of the Pacific
- Phil Appleby, East Village Arts District
- Pat Paris-Appleby, East Village Arts District
- Arts Council for Long Beach (represented by Griselda Suarez)
- Dale Warner, Hamburger Mary’s
- Javier and Hilda Ortiz, Kress Market
- Studioneleven and Retail Design Collaborative (represented by Allan Pullman and Michael Bohn)
- Summer And Music (SAM) (represented by Justin Hectus, Ashley Hectus, and Rand Foster)