Construction Activity – two week look ahead
- Locations & Type of Construction Activity:
- Grind and pave operations
- Traffic control. This traffic control will restrict the entire corridor to one lane only with extremely limited parking due to the paving and related trucking operations.
- Paving work will begin on Broadway near the 710, heading east, & on 3rd Street near Alamitos, heading west.
- Construction Hours: 7:00 am to 4:00 PM
- Lane restrictions (sometimes only 1 lane) throughout the length of the project. Parking will be available in the coned areas where construction is not occurring. This will not be advertised. Parking is allowed overnight however, vehicles must clear out by 7:00AM
- The bike lane is closed
- Pedestrian access is 100% and detours are provided (w/ flagman in some cases) where construction activities necessitate a closure of the sidewalk.
- Temporary Bus stops are in operation.
- The Contractor is currently trying to complete striping by end of February.
To learn more about the project visit DowntownLongBeach.org/construction. For questions and concerns call the City of Long Beach Public Works hotline (562) 463-4465.