Outdoor Dining Reimbursement Program
This reimbursement program was designed to provide financial relief to Downtown Long Beach bars, breweries, distilleries, restaurants, and wineries by awarding funding on a first-come, first-served basis, beginning April 12 thru June 30, 2021, or until funds are exhausted.
The program will administer 100% matching funds up to $10,000 for each establishment as a reimbursement for a variety of existing eligible expenses associated with operating outdoor service. Eligible expenses must be incurred between December 29, 2020 and June 30, 2021. The total amount of funding available in the program is $225,000.
Application Period: The application process will remain open from Monday, April 12, 2021 at midnight (PST) until June 30, 2021 at midnight, or until funding lasts.
Funding Amount: The program will administer 100% matching funds up to $10,000 for each establishment as a reimbursement for a variety of existing eligible expenses associated with operating outdoor service. Eligible expenses must be incurred between December 29, 2020 and June 30, 2021. The total amount of funding available in the program is $225,000.
Eligibility Requirements: To qualify for funding, businesses operating a Downtown bar, brewery, distillery, restaurant, or winery must meet all the following eligibility requirements:
- Must be in Downtown Long Beach within the boundaries of the Downtown Parking & Business Improvement Area (DPBIA).
- Must have valid City of Long Beach business license and be current with DPBIA fees.
- Must be approved by City of Long Beach to operate outdoors with one of the following:
- An approved COVID-19 Outdoor Activities Permit (OAP)
- An approved COVID-19 Parklet Permit
- An approved Sidewalk Usage Permit
- Must be open for business and operating in adherence to City of Long Beach COVID Health Order.
Use of Funding: All funds must be spent on eligible expenses related to outdoor dining and in response to compliance with COVID-19 Health Orders. Eligible expenses include the following:
- Cladding, sidewalls, or barriers
- Deck installation/improvements
- Personal protective equipment (e.g., face masks, face shields, gloves, hand sanitizer, etc.)
- Sanitization equipment
- Shade sails
- Safety equipment (e.g., barriers, reflectors, etc.)
Purchases must be made beginning December 29, 2020 and the application date, and no later than June 30, 2021. Only eligible expenses will be reimbursed. All documentation will be thoroughly reviewed, and it is required that eligible businesses have these documents prepared and ready for submission with application.
Businesses will be required to submit the following information before receiving final approval for funding:
- Proof of valid COVID-19 Outdoor Activities Permit, COVID-19 Parklet Permit, or Sidewalk Permit issued by the City of Long Beach
- Receipts, PAID invoices, and/or other supporting documentation that verifies all expenses are eligible for reimbursement under the DLBA Outdoor Dining Grant Program
- Copy of valid Business License from City of Long Beach
- Businesses that are approved for funding will be required to submit a W9 Form upon request.