- This event has passed.
Long Beach Chan Meditation: Beyond Mindfulness
October 12 @ 4:30 pm - 6:00 pm
This class is free and open to public. Suitable for all levels, ages, religions.
Meditation is becoming extremely popular because it produces results. Many entrepreneurs and CEOs practice meditation regularly. With powerful technique of Chan meditation, you can improve your productivity and creativity quickly. With proper meditation instructions, you can increase your concentration power and your mind will be much more relaxed and calm. You will be able to get things done within less amount of time than before.
What to learn
– How to sit and meditate in proper posture.
– Learn various techniques of meditation.
– How to keep making progress in your practice.
– Silent meditation 15~30 mins (We will decide that day)
– Questions & Answers
What is Chan Meditation?
Chan meditation is the most advanced form of Mahayana Buddhist meditation. We follow the tradition of Wei Yang lineage, one of five Chinese Chan schools transmitted by Grand Dharma Master Hsuan Hua. We adapt Chinese Chan training methods to the Western culture and call it “American Chan”.
Guest Speaker: Venerable XianJie
Master XianJie has been studying Buddhist meditation since 1998. After practicing Japanese Zen for 10 years, he encountered Chan meditation in 2010 and a few years later decided to become a monk under Master YongHua, founder of Bodhi Light International. Venerable XianJie now lives at Wei Mountain Temple, in Rosemead, CA, devoting his life to the practice and study of Mahayana Buddhism. In addition, he earned a Master’s degree in philosophy of consciousness from UC Irvine in 2008.
Instructor: Shana Han
Shana Han is the founder and CEO of Hansderma, Inc. She has successfully established her business on her own after moving to the United States in her late 20s. She is now a meditation instructor nation wide. For the past years, Shana has dedicated her time to practice Chan Meditation and Mahayana Buddhism. Because she got so much out of this practice, she decided to share this wonderful experience with others. With her teacher’s help, Dharma Master YongHua, she started to teach Chan Meditation.
What to bring
– Wear comfortably.
– Yoga mat (recommended to sit on the floor).
Directions & Parking
This venue is located at 100 W Broadway, on the 3rd floor of the East Tower (by the “Do What You Love” sign on the wall inside).
Great Parking Options:
* 100 W Broadway – On-site parking directly behind our building that is accessible from Pacific Ave, called “The Hubb” ($2/20 minutes or $14 maximum per day), we are not able to validate for this structure
* 133 Promenade – A block from our building, accessible from Broadway (Flate rates are: $5 8am-6pm; $6-$9 6pm-1am)
* 50 E 3rd Street – Free 2-Hour Parking
Don’t hesitate to give a call at (909) 285-9133 if you need assistance.