- This event has passed.
Etch and Catch -Catalytic Converter Theft Prevention Event with LBPD- 7/29
July 29 @ 8:00 am - 1:00 pm
The Long Beach Police Department (LBPD) has partnered with the City of Long Beach’s Fleet Services Bureau to host “Etch and Catch- A Catalytic Converter Theft Prevention Event”. This free event is open to any Long Beach Resident to have their vehicle’s license plate number etched onto the catalytic converter of their vehicle. This process can assist LBPD investigations if your catalytic converter is stolen and may also discourage criminals from stealing it.
The event will be held on Saturday, July 29, 2023, from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m., and will be held at the Civic Center Parking Garage.
To attend, participants must:
- Be a Long Beach resident.
- Be the registered owner of the vehicle.
- Bring your driver’s license and a copy of your vehicle’s registration.
- Bring your event confirmation with you to the event. *Any vehicle without confirmation may not be allowed entry.*
- Arrive no earlier than 15 minutes before your scheduled appointment.
- Fill out and sign the participant waiver form. (download here)
Arrival Instructions: (Click Here to Download Instructions)
- The event will take place in the the Civic Center Parking Garage located at 332 W Broadway, which is a one-way street.
- If coming from Southbound 710 Freeway: Take the W Broadway Exit and keep driving past Chestnut Avenue; the entrance to the lot will be on your right.
- If coming from Northbound Chestnut Avenue: Continue on Chestnut, and make a right turn onto W Broadway. The entrance to the garage will be on your right.
- If coming from Southbound Chestnut Avenue: Continue on Chestnut, and make a left turn onto W Broadway. The entrance to the garage will be on your right.
- Upon arrival, event staff will provide further directions on where to place your vehicle.
- Exit via the garage exit on Chestnut Avenue.
Please direct any questions to the LBPD Media Relations Detail at 562-570-5273 or email LBPDMediaRelations@longbeach.gov.