The Downtown Long Beach Alliance Board of Directors approved the strategic planning document DTLB: VISION 2020 in December 2016 which builds on past strategic planning efforts of the DLBA – including the successful 2007, 2010 and 2013 strategic plans. To accomplish the goals of the plan, DLBA formed committees comprised of Board members, stakeholders, and other community members.
Economic Development Committee
• Assist in developing retail recruitment plan
• Storefront Activation
• Provide input on ED marketing—both online and print
• Streetscape improvement projects such as tree planting, lighting, public art
• Assist with community planning and design efforts
Public Safety Committee
• Develop communications campaign to address misperceptions of Public Safety
• Share information among safety agencies operating in the Downtown
Marketing & Communications Committee
• Provide input on DLBA Marketing and Communications by helping to identify channels to reach intended audiences with specific messaging
• Work to establish a new generation of advocates for Downtown
Special Events & Development
• Provide input on DBLA Special Events
• Review proposals for event sponsorship funding
The Audit Committee meets once a year to review the end-of-year financial statements and end-of-year form 990. The Audit Committee Chair is Kristi Allen, Vice President, Hotel Operations at Ensemble Hotel Partners/Hotel Maya/DoubleTree by Hilton Carson.
The Finance Committee meets bi-monthly on the fourth Friday of odd months to review year-to-date finances. Finance Chair is Debra Fixen, General Manager for Shoreline Village.