- This event has passed.
October 14 @ 12:00 pm - 6:00 pm
Three Main Hubs!
Mosaic Hub: (Google Maps)
- NiceGuyxVinny – DJ / Host (12:30 PM – 1:20 PM)
- Opening Remarks – DLBA / District 1 / City of Long Beach (1:20 PM – 1:40 PM)
- Martin Espino (2 PM – 3 PM)
- NiceGuyxVinny – DJ / Host (3:15 PM – 3:45 PM)
- Food For Thot (3:45 PM – 4 PM)
- Marc Davidson (4 PM – 4:15 PM)
- Ladies Love Loops (4:15 PM – 4:45 PM)
- Anthony Cruz & Friends (4:45 PM – 5:25 PM)
- NiceGuyxVinny – DJ / Host (5:30 PM – 6 PM
Onni East Village Jazz Hub: (Google Maps)
- This Downtown space will have on display works by Carl Aldana, who sketched and painted Long Beach’s neighborhoods and views, capturing the changes to the cityscape and specific moments in time.
- Malcom Alexander – DJ / Host (12 PM – 1PM)
- Kalei – Spoke Word (1:10 PM – 1:30 PM)
- Jazz Angels (1:30 PM – 2:15 PM)
- Nina Sofina (2:15 PM – 3 PM)
- Malcom Alexander – DJ / Host (3 PM – 4:15 PM)
- Curtis Crump Quartet (4:30 PM – 5:30 PM)
- Malcom Alexander – DJ / Host (5:30 PM – 6 PM)
East Village Hub: (Google Maps)
- DJ Research & Friends (12 PM – 2:30 PM)
- Food for Thot (2:30 PM – 2:50 PM)
- Ladies Love Loops (2:50 PM – 3:45 PM)
- Kalei – Spoken Word (3:45 PM – 4:05 PM)
- DJ Research & Friends (4:15 PM – 6 PM)
The first Art Walk in the revived Downtown Art Walk series will take place on Saturday, Oct. 14 from noon to 6 PM. This will be the first in a new quarterly series, with the next events already scheduled for Saturday, Jan. 13, Saturday, April 13 and Saturday, July 13, 2024. The effort is a collaboration between DLBA, Arts Council for Long Beach, DreamKreator Studios, Grey LB and Studio One Eleven.
The Art Walk will have three activation hubs, including at Mosaic (the Promenade between 3rd and 4th streets), the Long Beach Museum of Art Downtown (on the corner of 3rd Street and Elm Avenue), and the East Village Arts Park (located on Elm Avenue between Broadway and 1st Street).
All are encouraged to attend, support local artists, stop by the hubs and participating Downtown businesses, as well as the following exhibits. Featured exabits will include the following:
- Downtown Design District’s United States International Poster Biennial exhibit: Celebrating and promoting excellence in national and international poster design, posters will be on display along the Promenade between Broadway and 3rd Street.
- DreamKreator Studios’ Long Beach Rising Exhibit & Mixer: An opportunity to immerse yourself in the vibrant display of street murals that tell the stories of a historic social justice movement. Located at the Dreamkreator Arts Annex (225 E 4th St.)
- Arts Council for Long Beach’s Professional Artist Fellows Exhibition: Join the ACLB as they recognize the 2023 Professional Artist Fellows with an opening exhibit at the Billie Jean King Main Library from 1 to 5 PM.
The Downtown Long Beach Art Walk is an initiative to build on the energy of the monthly 2nd Saturday Art Walk in the East Village with a larger quarterly event that bridges and pulls together the entire Downtown and surrounding area.