As the holidays approach, the Downtown Long Beach Alliance (DLBA) is pleased to announce an advertising partnership with the go-to publication for dining and day trip recommendations in Los Angeles County: Los Angeles Magazine. Through online advertising, social media posts, eblasts, and a print advertisement in the December edition of the magazine, this campaign will market DLBA’s Dine Out DTLB and Shop DTLB marketing campaigns, which are designed to boost visibility of Downtown restaurants and retailers and generate business in person and online. The campaign begins November 12 and runs through year-end.
“Los Angeles Magazine has a large following in the region – 1.4 million monthly online viewers and an estimated print readership of 740,000 per month,” said DLBA Communications Manager Samantha Mehlinger. “The magazine is a trusted and popular resource for dining recommendations and weekend activities will ensure Downtown restaurants and shops reach new potential customers during a key time of year.”
In addition to a print advertisement in the December edition of the magazine (print date: November 26), the campaign focuses heavily on digital promotions and advertising, including the following:
- 200,000 impressions on the lamag.com homepage for Dine Out DTLB
- 200,000 impressions on the lamag.com homepage for Shop DTLB
- A one-week Dine Out DTLB advertising takeover for lamag.com’s Food page.
- A one-week Shop DTLB advertising takeover lamag.com’s Culture page.
- Sponsored social media posts:
- 1 dedicated Instagram post for Shop DTLB and 1 for Dine Out DTLB on @lamag (188,000 followers)
- 1 dedicated Instagram post for Dine Out DTLB on @lamagfood (106,000 followers)
- 1 sponsored Los Angeles Magazine Facebook post for Shop DTLB (105,000) followers
- Sponsored email advertisements and campaigns:
- One dedicated e-blast covering both Dine Out DTLB and Shop DTLB on November 25 in advance of Shop Small Saturday
- A Dine Out DTLB spot in the Food News newsletter
- A Shop DTLB spot in the Weekend Guide e-newsletter
This campaign will be supported by DLBAs own reach on its social media platform consisting of:
- Twitter: 16,900 followers
- Instagram: 32,400 followers
- Facebook: 53,370 followers
Online advertisements and social media promotions will link directly to the Dine Out DTLB interactive map of Downtown restaurants and the Shop DTLB directory of Downtown retailers. To ensure as many Downtown shops and restaurants as possible benefit from this advertising campaign, DLBA is encouraging those who have not yet done so to sign up for the free dining map or shopping directory by clicking on the links below and uploading information about their business.
Be sure to visit www.lamag.com from mid-November through year-end, pick up the December edition of the magazine, and follow DLBA and Los Angeles Magazine social media accounts to follow the progression of this key marketing effort.