DLBA Storefront Recovery Grants
The Storefront Recovery Grant provides up to $1,500 in financial relief for the restoration of small businesses impacted by deliberate actions that result in the destruction or damages of small business storefronts. This program will offer amounts of either $800 or $1,500 depending on the total cost incurred to repair physical damages (not including loss of stolen goods or property) and is available on a first-come-first-serve basis, based on fund availability.
Examples of damages include, but are not limited to the following:
- Broken windows
- Broken doors
- Broken locks
- Etching on windows
Request a print application by contacting the DLBA at 562-436-4259 or email@example.com.
- Be a ground floor business located within the Downtown Parking & Business Improvement Area (DPBIA) boundaries.
- Active City of Long Beach Business License
- Privately held, sole proprietorship, or independently owned
- Less than 35 full-time employees
- Damages occurred on January 1, 2022 or after
- Proof of police report filed
- Proof of insurance claim filed (if applicable)
Proof of purchase or contract worked for repairs
Eligible Use of Funds:
- Insurance Deductible
- Boarding Costs (labor and material)
- Storefront Repairs (glass repairs, graffiti removal, etc)
Grants of up to $1,500 will be awarded to eligible businesses until funds are depleted. Businesses must provide all necessary documentation to process payment, including a W9.
Applicants must provide at least two of the following for acceptable proof of damage for grants up:
- Receipts for repairs of damage of any amount
- Police Report Number or Copy of Police Report
- Photo of damaged storefront