WHAT IS GO LONG BEACH?
The GO Long Beach app is designed to provide Long Beach, CA residents, businesses, and visitors the opportunity to access City Hall, 24-hours a day, 7 days a week, from anywhere. You will be able to quickly submit service requests for issues such as graffiti, potholes and sign damage. iPhone and Android device users can simply open the App, select an issue, take a picture, and tap submit – the App knows the exact location and sends the issue directly to city staff. You will also be able to track the status of your requests through your mobile device.
PARTICIPATE FOR A CHANCE TO WIN A$100 GIFT CERTIFICATE FOR A DOWNTOWN RESTAURANT
How to Participate:
1) Download the Go Long Beach App from the App Store or Google Play.
2) Take a picture related to our issue of the week and submit your case through the Go Long Beach App.
3) Take a screenshot of the confirmation page when your submission is complete.
4) Upload the picture and the screenshot to your Facebook page, tag @downtownlongbeach and use the hashtags #GoLongBeach #PhotoContest
5) We’ll be reviewing posts on a weekly basis and choosing the posts with the most likes. Feel free to submit more than once per week.
ISSUES OF THE WEEK
WEEK 1: STREET LIGHTS
WEEK 2: DUMPED ITEMS
WEEK 3: GRAFITTI
WEEK 4: BROKEN NEWS RACKS
WEEK 5: SIDEWALK DAMAGE AND CURB REPAIR
WEEK 6: STREET SIGNS
Can I submit more than one picture per week?
Yes, you can submit as many pictures as you’d like. Only photos related to the weekly theme will be considered.
How do I win?
The person who follows the instructions and gets the most likes will be chosen as the winner.
How will I know if I won?
We’ll announce the winner on our Facebook page every Monday morning.
What can I take pictures of?
Each week will have a specific issue to focus on, so pictures must be related to that issue.