Construction Activity – Dec 3 to Dec 7
- Locations & Type of Construction Activity:
- All areas, permanently install Phase 2 traffic control. This traffic control will restrict the entire corridor to one lane only with limited parking due to the bus island construction.
- Turn off left turn lights and bike lane control signals.
- Broadway, Main to Pacific Segment: Begin installation of waterline from Chestnut to Magnolia; start sidewalk replacement and irrigation work on the north side of Broadway between Chestnut and Cedar for new trees; start on Bus Islands at Maine & Chestnut, remove sidewalk next to Broadway parking structure.
- Broadway, Pacific to Alamitos Segment (South Side): Removal of Curb, gutter and sidewalk from Alamitos to Elm including Curb Ramps; Placement of Curb & Gutter, driveways and Curb Ramps; install Fiber Optic Conduit from Pacific to the Promenade.
- 3rd St, Magnolia to Pacific Segment (North Side): Curb and Gutter replacement, Bus Shelter removal.
- 3rd St, Pacific to Alamitos Segment (North Side): Removal of Curb, gutter and sidewalk from Alamitos to Elm including Curb Ramps; Placement of Curb & Gutter, driveways and Curb Ramps.
- Construction Hours: Generally 7:00 am to 3:30 pm, however, if demolition or construction needs to occur in front of a business that opens early, work may be scheduled into the early hours of the morning.
- Only 1 lane of through traffic will be provided on each street throughout the length of the project. Parking will be available in the coned areas where construction is not occurring. This will not be advertised.
- The bike lane is closed on both streets indefinitely.
- Pedestrian access is 100% and detours are provided (w/ flagman in some cases) where construction activities necessitate a closure of the sidewalk.
- Bus stops are still in operation, relocated bus stops will go into effect this week.
- There is a lot of demolition scheduled, we will try to keep it between 8 to 3 if possible.
- The Contractor is trying to pave out the job the week of Dec 17th and be complete with Striping for Christmas.
To learn more about the project visit DowntownLongBeach.org/construction. For questions and concerns call the City of Long Beach Public Works hotline (562) 463-4465.