By KRISTY HUTCHINGS | firstname.lastname@example.org |
PUBLISHED: March 28, 2023
In case you missed it, Celebrate Downtown was covered in the Long Beach Press-Telegram! Check out an excerpt here:
“More than 900 people gathered at Lincoln Park recently for a Downtown Long Beach Alliances event that spotlighted local businesses and offered residents insight into the area’s future.
“Celebrate Downtown, which took place late last week, drew its highest attendance since the inaugural event in 2012, the DLBA said.
“Attendees enjoyed yoga, dance and a variety of other activities during the celebration — and enjoyed eats from local establishments such as Padre, Buono’s Pizzeria, MealsDotKom, The Cave and Cena Vegan.”
Read the full article on the Press-Telegram website here. Slide through the photos below to see the evening’s festivities!
The annual award honors members and organizations of the Downtown Long Beach community that have demonstrated significant achievements in the past and perpetually look ahead toward a more promising future. By acknowledging and celebrating their accomplishments, DLBA hopes to inspire others to continue striving towards our collective goals and objectives. A list of past winners can be found on the DLBA website here.
Spirit of Downtown Award Winners
(Note: Awards postponed in 2020-2021 due to the pandemic)
- Carole Sergy, Beautify Pine
- Debra Kahookele – A longtime local resident and outstanding community advocate
- Henry Walker, Farmers & Merchants Bank
- Orsa Modica, Joe Harding, Nancy Downs and Julia Goto, East Village Arts District
Community Watch Group
- Jamaica Aali, Black Everywhere
- Dr. Robert Garcia, Mayor of Long Beach
- Sheila Gibbons and Alan Giomi, Willmore Baking Company
- Robb Smith, Alley Cat Deliveries
- Downtown Runners, represented by Joaquin Nuñez
- Pedal Movement, represented by co-founders Johnny Tully, Evan Kelly, and Graham Baden
- Al Williams, Rainbow Promotions and LB Jazz Festival
- Laurie Gray, The Pie Bar
- Isa Rached, The B Room & It’s A Drag To Give
- Josie Rached, The B Room & It’s A Drag To Give
- Aquarium of the Pacific
- Phil Appleby, East Village Arts District
- Pat Paris-Appleby, East Village Arts District
- Arts Council for Long Beach (represented by Griselda Suarez)
- Dale Warner, Hamburger Mary’s
- Javier and Hilda Ortiz, Kress Market
- Studioneleven and Retail Design Collaborative (represented by Allan Pullman and Michael Bohn)
- Summer And Music (SAM) (represented by Justin Hectus, Ashley Hectus, and Rand Foster)